Contact Us Today 725-502-4972

Short Term Rentals

I can assist your short-term rental with the following:

Click here to visit our sister site focused on Short Term Rental laws

  • Contract Drafting
  • Removal, deletion or suspension from most Short Term Rental site
  • Obtain a license where needed
  • Set up your entity to provide liability protection
  • We assist owners in the short-term rental market draft rental terms, rental agreements and property management agreements to reduce risk and increase leverage if something goes wrong.
  • If your local zoning board or municipal regulations prohibit or restrict short-term rentals, we can provide advice on how best to organize your community in order to change the rules and regulations to permit you to operate
  • We provide language for use by hosts to ensure that reviews and ratings do not unfairly fail to mention key issues and facts when leaving reviews.

Campbell Business Law also offers annual plans for business owners. This provides you with legal counsel on your own terms, and when you need it.

We provide flat-fee, affordable rates. Our goal is to bring general counsel services to those who have traditionally been legally underserved. 

Contact us today online or at 725-502-4972 to schedule an appointment.

City of Las Vegas

  • Call Planning at 702 – 229 – 6301

  • Not allowed in Master Planned Communities

  • Not allowed in CIC communities unless expressly authorized in CC&R's, or the CIC community grants authority via a formal letter

  • Requires Conditional Use Verification

  • Owner occupied, only

  • No more than 3 bedrooms

  • Be at least 660 feet from another Short-Term Rental Be in a location that allows Short Term Rentals

  • No Waiver of requirements is granted at any time by the City

  • No more than 2 people per bedroom, max occupancy is established by local housing guidelines, i.e., no more than 5 people in a 2 bedroom/2 bathroom.

  • All units are inspected prior to granting the license.

  • Fire extinguishers properly mounted in the garage, in the kitchen and on each floor, with a current service tag from a contractor certified by the State of Nevada Fire Marshal • Interconnected smoke detectors in each sleeping room and at other locations in the residence • Carbon monoxide detectors are required in several locations in residences with fuel-fired appliances.

  • Liability insurance - $500,000 minimum

City of North Las Vegas 

  • Application

  • Letter of intent for the Conditional Use Permit (CUP)

  • Proof of ownership of the dwelling unit

  • Site plan showing the location of the noise monitoring equipment

  • Assessor's Parcel Map (found on the Clark County Gismo/Open Web website)

  • Floor plan if proposing individual room rental

  • 660 Foot Separation Requirement

  • Ownership of home at least 60 days prior to applying

  • Good neighbor brochure to neighbors within 200 feet

  • Noise Monitoring, i.e., Noise Aware or Minut

City of Henderson

  • Not waivable, i.e., no exceptions are ever made on STR applications

  • No Apartments, Allowed in Condo's/Multi-Family as long as it's no more than 10 percent of total units.

  • Up to 5 licenses per registrant

  • 1000 feet separation from another STR/2500 feet away from a


  • External signs identifying as an STR are prohibited (the County will require it)

  • Pool/Spa restrictions, cannot be used between 10 p.m. to 10 a.m. and 7 a.m. on weekends.

  • Noise monitoring device required

  • Neighbors are notified (within a 200 foot radius)

Contact Me Today

Campbell Business Law is committed to answering your legal questions.

Contact us for a 30 minute consultation, and I'll gladly discuss your case with you at your convenience. Contact me today to schedule an appointment.